Save $5.00 On $25 of Produce!
Save $5.00 on you next purchase of $25 with this coupon.Click the link to get a coupon.
In a rush?
Call the market (754-423-3786) and place your order. We'll have it ready for you to pick up.
Certified Organic Produce
Raw Goat's Milk Yogurt
Vegan Coconut Milk Yogurt
Organic Whey Protein
What would Thanksgiving be without a green bean casserole? So this month's featured vegetable is the humble green bean. They can be steamed, sautéed, enjoyed raw with dips, canned, frozen, stir fried, and of course, baked.
Known for their versatility their nutritional value is often overlooked. Green beans may not be leafy, but they are certainly very nutritious. First, they are very low in calories and are a rich source of fiber. They are also a rich source of vitamin A, B1, B6, and vitamin C, as well as antioxidants such as lutien, zea-xanthin, and B-carotene, and folate. Green beans are also a good source of iron, calcium, magnesium, manganese, and potassium.
So enjoy your casserole this Thanksgiving, and reach for a 2nd guilt free helping.
Recipe of the Month
- non stick cooking spray for greasingspace
- 5 c. sliced green beansspacer spacer
- 4 1/4 c. low sodium chicken brothspace
- 1 c. panko bread crumbs spacer spacer
- 1 c. grated Parmesanspacer spacer spacer
- 1 Tbl. plus 2 tsp. canola oilspacer spacer
- 1 1/2 c. diced onionsspacer spacer spacer
- 2 c. sliced baby bella mushrooms spacer
- 2 Tbl. cornstarchspacer spacer spacer spacer
- 1/2 c. reduced fat sour cream spacer spacer
- 1/2 tsp.House Seasoning recipe spacer spacer
- 1/2 tsp.salt spacer spacer
- 1 tsp. kosher saltspacer spacer
- 1/4 tsp garlic powderspacer spacer
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 1 1/2 qt.baking dish with nonstick spray
Boil the green beans in the chicken broth for about 20 minutes, then drain, reserving 1 1/2 cups of the broth. Plce the reserved broth back in the pot and set aside. Mix together the breadcrumbs, parmesan, and 2 tsp. of the oil in a small bowl and set aside. Saute the onions in a large skillet, using the remaining oil, until transluscent (2 to 3 minutes).Add the mushrooms and cook another 3 -4 minutes then remove from the heat. Reheat the chicken broth back to a boil. Meanwhile add the green beans to the skillet with the mushrooms and onions and reheat.
Combine the corn starch and 1/4 c. water and add to the chicken broth to thicken, stirring constantly. Pour the thickened mixture over the green beans and add the sour cream, house seasoning, and salt. Place the mixture into the baking dish and sprinkle with the panko mixture. Bake until the casserole is hot, about 10 minutes, then broil until the bread crumb misture is slightly browned, about 1 to 2 minutes, and serve.