Save with the 4th of July Picnic Package!
Let us help you celebrate this July 4th. Click the link to get a coupon.
In a rush?
Call the market (754-423-3786) and place your order. We'll have it ready for you to pick up.
Certified Organic Produce
Raw Goat's Milk Yogurt
Organic Whey Protein
It's lychee season, and for a few short weeks Floridians get to enjoy this delicate fruit. Fresh lychees are rarely offered for sale outside Florida because they will not ripen after picking, and when picked early turn bitter.They will keep well and can be sweeter when they turn brown.
Lychees have a lot to offer in the way of nutrition. They are rich in fiber and are loaded with vitamin C, containing 119% of the daily requirement in just one serving. They also contain some interesting antioxidants that fight flu viruses, and UV skin damage, and high levels of B vitamins and potassium.
That's not all. Recently scientists have discovered lychee seed extracts inhibit the cell growth of breast and liver cancers and are now studying its effects on colorectal cancer.Lychee seed extract may prove to be a terrific addition to cancer fighting substances.
Recipe of the Month
- 1 1/2 cups papaya, peeled, seeded, coarsely choppedspace
- 5 Tbl sugarspacer spacer spacer spacer
- 3 Tbl fresh lime juicespace
- 1 1/2 Tbl coarsely chopped mintspacer spacer spacer spacer
The Fruit Salad
- 2 cups peeled, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup papaya, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups cantaloupe, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 12 oz fresh, peeled lychees
- 1/2 cup seedless, red grapes, halvedspacer
- 1/2 cup seedless green grapes, halvedspacer
- Line spacer spacer spacer spacer spacer
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, toasted spacer
- 6 mint sprigs spacer spacer spacer
Place the ingredients for the sauce in a processor and blend until smooth. Cover and chill. (The sauce may be made one day ahead.)
Mix the next 6 ingredients in a bowl and chill for 4 hours.
Before serving remove the fruit and distribute into 6 salad bowls. Spoon on the sauce, sprinkle with the coconut and garnish with a sprig of mint.